After last year successful edition, with 150+ biogas professionals and 20+ excellent speakers, we have an honour to invite you to 5th European Conference Biogas PowerON taking place on 27-28 September 2023. This year we are moving to Hamburg, Germany.
Among other renewables, biogas is gaining more popularity than ever. It’s one of the results of recent energy crisis and dispute about Europe’s energy independence & security. Coming years will be a turning point for the development and scaling up of biogas production to its full potential.
The green transformation will strengthen economic growth, security and climate action for Europe and our partners. Scaling up biomethane partnerships like The Biomethane Industrial Partnership (BIP), launched on 28 September 2022, will support achievement of the EU target of 35 bcm annual production and use of sustainable biomethane by 2030. It will also create the preconditions for a further ramp-up of biogas potential towards 2050. Biogas is a cost-efficient path to achieve our ambition to reduce imports of natural gas from Russia. Increasing the capacity of biogas production in the EU and promoting its conversion into biomethane needs an estimated investment amounting to EUR 37 billon euro over the period.
Main topic & key points
• Overview of European and national policies and regulations
• Future of biogas industry from the perspective of a producer – case studies
• Cost competitiveness of biomethane
• Sustainability and green origin of biomethane
• Building a successful biogas system in Europe – what is necessary?
• Role of gas infrastructure in decarbonising European energy sector
• Energy crisis and ban on Russian gas supply – perspectives for biogas sector
• Biogas economics and trading
• Hydrothermal gasification and 2G biomethane production: status on technologies
• And many more...