BiogasWorld: the largest commercial, technical and information network of the biogas industry
Founded in 2015, BiogasWorld is a Canadian business generation platform & online marketplace, dedicated to accelerating business generation in the biogas industry between technology and service suppliers and project developers. BiogasWorld is the obvious starting point for any biogas project.
Our network of several thousand experts, suppliers, developers and scientists enables us to keep up to date on new technological advances while keeping abreast of the “state of the art”.
“Become the unique commercial, technical and information website & network for all stakeholders of the global biogas industry.”
Through its online bilingual catalog, BiogasBids, project finder, the publication of industry news, and many useful tools such as the biogas calculator, BiogasWorld allows the centralization and standardization of information for everything related to biogas, from residual waste collection to the valuation of biogas and digestate. Thus, BiogasWorld aims to become the largest commercial, technical and information network of the biogas, compost and renewable natural gas industries.
Advantages in working with us
- For producers and project developers: BiogasWorld offers market intelligence and an insight to the updated technology solutions and trends provided by suppliers
- For technology suppliers and EPCs: BiogasWorld offers business generation, leads from the Biogas / Compost / RNG industry, trade show discounts, and direct connection with project developers around the world
- Our numbers are also promoted through a dedicated company and product/services pages on our website, at our booth during trade shows and through our newsletters and social media. Taking advantage of our exposure and extensive network, our numbers and their services can be viewed by thousands of professionals looking for solutions.
To join BiogasWorld and benefit from our services, visit our services for additional information or special requests, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to assist you.
Join BiogasWorld today by choosing one of our membership plans and/or our BiogasConcierge Services to access the full benefits of our extensive network.
Alliances with associations
BiogasWorld has officially established alliances with a number of associations, from Europe and Notrh America:
- ABC | American Biogas Council (USA)
- AQPER | Association Québécoise de Production d’Énergie Renouvelable (Quebec, Canada)
- EBA | European Biogas Association (Europe)
- IBBK | Internationales Biogas & Bioenergie Kompetenzzentrum (Germany)
- CBA | Canadian Biogas Association (Canada)
- RNG Coalition | Renewable Natural Gas Coalition (USA)
- CIB | Italian Biogas Consortium (Italy)
- Écotech Québec | (Canada)
North American biogas market
One of the main focuses of Biogasworld is the North American biogas market. Although still underdeveloped compared to the E.U. market, the North American biogas market has a strong potential with the main driver for biogas development being the organic ban from landfills and the desire to reduce GHG emissions.
In the first case, the price for landfilling is very steep or even totally prohibited, therefore composting or digesting the organic material is required. In the second case, governments desire to reduce GHG emissions but also to be profitable, so the Carbon Market and the price on renewable fuel is helping the biogas development.
As an example, in Quebec, the natural gas grid is willing to pay between 7 to 22 $/GJ of biomethane, with contracts from 5 to 20 years to help projects. In the USA, the Renewable Fuel Standards (RFS) system is placing the value of biogas up to 33 $/GJ, but the provenance of the biogas influences the price.
Currently, there is a potential for over 13,500 new biogas plants in North America and a place for over 2,000 retro-fit to upgrade the existing plants.
BiogasWorld is currently working on 3 biomethanisation projects in Central and North America. BiogasWorld is also supporting Lakay Vèt in the deployment of a biogas plant near Port-au-Prince to value organic waste.
BiogasWorld, your unique connection to the biogas industry!