What biogas and biomethane equipment
suppliers and service providers to choose for your project? Whether you are
developing a new project or looking to find ways to improve the performance of an
existing one, this is probably a question you are asking yourself. Here are 17 experienced
suppliers with a proven track record and examples of their key projects.
You assessed the feasibility of your project, the
quantity and composition of your feedstock, planned the processes you will need
to treat them, amongst other things? You probably now know what equipment or
services you will need for your project.
Find the right biogas/biomethane equipment supplier or service providers
There are many companies active on the market, located
all over the world. The companies all offer unique equipment and services in
the biogas and biomethane industry. This is why it is important that you know
the specifications of your project, your needs and your budget.
Afterward, it will be easier for you to do advanced
research at the market to find the best supplier or service providers. For
example, you can find information about the kind of products and services
available and their technical specifications to verify if they could be a good
fit for your project. Moreover, reading about successful projects will give you
a good idea of concrete applications for their equipment or services and if
they would meet your needs.
To help you find information, here is a glimpse into
successful projects by proven biogas or biomethane equipment suppliers and
Examples of successful projects by suppliers
Several of our members offer complete biogas systems,
such as the following.
Rialto Bioenergy Facility – Anaergia
- Located in Rialto, California, USA
- Largest organic waste digester facility in North America
- Biogas system Is designed, built, owned, operated, and financed by Anaergia
Métha Vie Project – Naskeo Environnement
- Located in France
- Territorial project owned by a group of farmers
- Mix of feedstocks: 70% of animal manure, 30% of other organic wastes, used water or wastewater treatment sludge
The Be’erot Yitzhak Plant – SGTech
- Located in Kibbutz Be’erot Yitzhak, Israel
- 30% higher clean energy production and +90% nitrogen removal
- Approach feasible even for medium-sized farms
O-PARK1 Waste Treatment – Suez
- Located in Hong Kong, China
- First food waste treatment facility in Hong Kong
- Treatment capacity: 83,000 tons/year of food waste from restaurants and food production facilities
Fréjus Reyran WWTP – Veolia
- Located in Fréjus, France
- 1st site in the Var department to produce and inject green gas into the network
- MemGas™ system helps injecting 6,000 MWh/year of RNG (biomethane) into the gas grid
Biogas upgrading systems
Moreover, many of our members offer biogas upgrading
systems to convert it into biomethane (or renewable natural gas).
Located at Modena, Italy, the AIMAG SSO facility is one
of the first industrial biogas upgrading systems in Italy.
Xebec was able to adapt the standard of their PSA system to meet European and Italian standards, codes and markets. It enabled AIMAG’s customer to deliver the upgrading plant quickly and start injecting biogas into the network.
Glacier Ridge Project – Air Liquide
- Located in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA
- Utilizes Air Liquide-owned and patented biogas upgrading systems and their nitrogen removal technology
- Biomethane production capacity: 500,050 mmBTU/year (147Gwhr/year)
Wisconsin Series – DMT Solutions
- Located in Wisconsin, USA
- Feedstock: dairy manure
- Gas injection for all farms goes through one centralized injection point using a virtual pipeline
Enersi Sicilia – IES Biogas
- Located in Caltanisetta, Sicily, Italy
- Input: organic fraction of municipal solid waste – 36 000 t/year
- Biomethane used to fuel about 2,550 waste collection vehicles
METHAMOLY, Circular Region – Prodeval
- Located at Saint-Denis-sur-Coise, France
- Local inputs: Manure, agro-industrial and slaughterhouse by-products, food waste, organic waste from supermarkets and sludge
- RNG utilization: domestic, industrial, mobility
Baudelet Environment Group – Waga Energy
- Located in Blaringhem, France
- Eco-Parc handles one million tonnes of waste every year
- Unit capacity: 25 GWh/year
Other biogas and biomethane equipment companies for your plant
lot of our members participated in showcasing their equipment such as biogas
compressors, biogas analyzers and digester tanks.
Biogas compressors – Clover Hill – BAUER Compressors
The farm is located in Campbellsport,
Wisconsin, USA, and is part of the Wisconsin series by DMT Clear Gas Solutions.
The project entails processing biogas feedstock from dairy manure into pipeline
BAUER supplied the rotary screw compressors which feeds the biogas conditioning systems at Clover Hill Dairy. The plant capacity is 225 SCFM (360 Nm3/h).
Dairy Biomethane to Pipeline – ANGI
- Located in Midwest, NY & CA, USA
- Cost-effective compression systems with highly flexible automated output control designed for loading transport trailers at dairy farms
- Deployment of several systems since 2018
SWG 100 Biogas Analyzers – MRU Instruments
- Located in California, USA
- Flexible biogas analyzers able to meet the requirements of the California Resource Board
- Measure methane (CH4) every 15 minutes
Flagship Digester Tank – Schumann Tanks
- Located in Korskro, Denmark
- Size: 7x 2,54M gallon anaerobic digester tanks with 78.44ft of diameter and 69.12ft of height
- Each digester tank equipped with 1 vertical mixer
Biogas engineering companies– Agriculture and agri-food project – Bahler
Located in Lennoxville, QC, Canada, this small-scale project for agriculture and agri-food industry aims to research and establish the feedstock mixes and production processes. The goal is to maximize the production of biogas through treatment of the organic waste. Bahler Biogas was the main technological contributor for this project and is responsible for the supply of equipment, construction and plant commissioning.
Project – Element Markets
- Located in Orange County, California
- Delivers renewable fuel and generates revenue for fleet operator while reducing fleet emissions
- Simplifies the low carbon transition of fleet operators
To see other successful projects of experienced suppliers, download our Showcase Report 2020 HERE.