The Green Transition: A Celebration of Biogas’ Role in the Danish and US Energy & Agrifood Sectors
Monday, 23 August from 9.00-11.15 Eastern Time
Free Online Event - Webinar
SIGN UP HERE
This summit will highlight the positive benefits that anaerobic digestion, biogas and renewable natural gas (RNG) have had on the economy and environment in Denmark – and how the lessons learned can help to advance and amplify the biogas sector in the US. This will include presentations highlighting the government, NGO and corporate efforts that have helped biogas scale in the country. Additionally, presenters will highlight the advancements that the US has made in these same areas. Lastly, speakers with a global biogas perspective will share insights on how knowledge sharing can help countries across the globe take full advantage of biogas benefits.
An initial agenda is below. Presenters will represent US and Danish government, NGO and corporate sectors and internationally focused biogas organizations. More speakers will be added soon as confirmed:
Welcome Remarks from Danish & US Government Officials
- E. Lone Dencker Wisborg, Danish Ambassador to the United States (confirmed)
Biogas as a Driver for Climate and UN Sustainability Development Goals
- Kristian Østerling Eriknauer, Vice President, Corporate Sustainability, Arla Foods amba (confirmed)
- Stewart Leeth, Chief Sustainability Officer, Smithfield Foods (confirmed)
- Christopher Voell, Head of Biogas and Waste, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, Trade Council of North America (confirmed)
How Do We Grow Biogas in the US and Globally?
- Charlotte Morton, Chief Executive, World Biogas Association (confirmed)
SIGN UP HERE
Host of this online summit is State of Green. State of Green is a not-for-profit, public-private partnership from Denmark. We foster relations with international stakeholders interested in discussing their challenges and bring into play relevant Danish competencies and technologies that enable the green transition.