Energy from Waste 2020
Event Date From 2020-12-01 to 2020-12-02
Event language English
Exploring how government policy, technological advancements and changes in financing methods are shaping the energy from waste market
BIOGASWORLD SPECIAL OFFER
15% registration discount for BiogasWorld members
The energy from waste market needs to be constantly adapting and improving to keep in check with new European and UK policies and legislation; and hit their required targets.
SMi’s eagerly awaited 13th Annual Energy from Waste conference will bring together international waste management operators, developers, bankers, private equity financiers, technology providers and industrial end users for two days of intensive networking, discussing developments that are needed in technology, financing and infrastructure to ensure the solutions are available to fast track the growth of the industry worldwide.
With a specific focus on how new technology can help EfW projects overcome their challenges and operational problems and an update on where the industry fits within the move to NET ZERO and its subsequent involvement in carbon capture and storage. This year’s event will give all attendees a broad, in-depth insight into all aspects of the market, with a consideration on the challenges that COVID-19 poses to the waste management industry and the views on its economic and market impact. Finally, the conference will also address the fundamental changes to funding associated with energy from waste and how this is impacting the market.
2020 Featured Highlights:
- Understand what technologies are available to ensure EfW plant optimisation and life extensions of aging facilities.
- Gain knowledge of the regulatory updates from Energy from waste projects in Central and Eastern Europe and receive an overview of the progress the region is making towards the 2020 EU targets.
- Learn how to Design-Build-Finance-Operate a Modern Waste Management Infrastructure in an Emerging Market – case study - Belgrade Waste PPP
- Find out what is the Government’s view on where the EFW market sits in the Biofuels Industry –
- Examine the role of RDF export and EfW in a low carbon economy.
- Hear what are the challenges and opportunities for CO2 Capture in the Waste-to-Energy Sector with a Case study from Fortum Oslo Varme’s waste-to-energy plant at Klemetsrud
- Optimisation concepts to prolong operation hours and the lifespan of EfW plants
- Determine the challenges that COVID-19 poses to the waste management industry and the views on its economic and market impact
Back to all events