You operate in the energy industry and are seeking comprehensive legal services in the biogas field?
The Fasken Value
- Unparalleled understanding of energy markets, environmental issues, as well as local and regional regulatory regimes.
- In-depth expertise in more than 80 practice areas, including energy law, corporate/commercial law, tax law and real estate law, both in civil and common law.
- Global presence on 4 continents.
- An international network.
- A team of experienced professionals who are fluent in several languages, including French, English, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), German, Japanese, Spanish and Italian, and who are recognized by the most reputed ranking agencies, such as Legal 500 Canada, Who’s Who Legal, Chambers Global, Best Lawyers in Canada, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Benchmark Litigation Guide and IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide.
Overview of our Expertise
Our rich experience in the bioenergy and renewable natural gas industry allows us to offer informed and strategic advice on:
- Sales and purchase of renewable natural gas;
- Sales and purchase of renewable electricity;
- Environmental transactional advice for energy M&A and financings;
- Construction and establishment of sites, as well as authorizations;
- Regulations on natural gas, renewable natural gas and carbon;
- Carbon emission trading markets;
- Energy market dynamics;
- Setting natural gas distribution rates and terms of service.
We work to find appropriate solutions, particularly in the following domains:
- Contaminated sites, including project approvals;
- Environmental assessments and permits;
- Waste management and regulation;
- Climate change, particularly in respect of regulations and carbon trading;
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement;
- Sustainability management and advancement beyond compliance;
- Resource and environment policy development and implementation of industry relationships.
Our tax lawyers have extensive experience on a wide range of tax related issues:
- Business transactions and reorganizations;
- Dispute resolution and litigation;
- Sales and commodities structures.
Our corporate lawyers provide advice on all aspects of business operation and strategic planning, including:
- Banking and financial services;
- Corporate governance;
- Cross-border transactions;
- Private mergers and acquisitions;
- Corporate reorganizations;
- Foreign investment rules.
Real Estate Law
We advise our clients in the biogas and renewable natural gas industries on strategic and current issues, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions;
- Development, land use, rezoning and subdivision;
- Construction contracts and advice in this area;
- Real estate financing and restructuring;
- Real estate dispute resolution and litigation.
Visit the Fasken Institute to learn about our upcoming events and courses.